Let’s be real, when looking at people carrying around their huge gym bag and it’s half their size (or as big as them if you’re me) we’ve all thought.. WHAT THE HECK DO THEY HAVE IN THERE?!
Well, I’m here to show you a few things I like to pack in my gym bag that will keep you prepared for any time of the day and any type of workout.
Whether your going for a quick morning workout, during your lunch break, in the evening, or even traveling your gym bag should be ready for anything!
– For Training Purposes:
- Foam Roller or Rolling Stick (for self-myofascial release)
- Lacrosse Ball (also for SMR)
- Glide Skin Protection (for chafing)
- Champion Flat Resistance Band Set
- Nathan hand water bottle (I like to bring this if I decide to run outside, especially in AZ heat)
- BioFreeze Cold Therapy Pain Reliever
- Garmin Forerunner 220 watch
- Bose Head Phones
- Iphone/Ipod arm band
- Small Towel
– For early mornings or afternoons:
- Travel Size Deodorant
- Hair Ties
- Bobby Pins
- Travel Size Sunscreen
- Travel Size Perfume or Cologne
- Headbands (I’ve found underarm and lululemon stay on the best)
- Travel Size Shampoo & Conditioner
- Travel Size Body Wash & Lotion
- Change of clothes
*I like to keep most of my bathroom supplies in a small little bag to prevent them from spilling on my clothes or anything else in my gym bag.
It is quite a big list but now I understand why gym bags are so huge sometimes. I hope this helps everyone and saves them some time figuring out what to put into your bag. Also, I hope this gets you determined to start packing your gym bags and fit those workouts in no matter how busy you are!